The Wenom-Drake House was named for each of its first two owners, John Wenom and Fred Drake. John Wenom came to America in 1852 from Alsace, France as a teenager. He lived with his family on a farm not far from Kimmswick. At age 24, he worked as a butcher and grain dealer, and finally became an insurance agent. When he built this in 1877, he had a wife and seven children.
In 1918, the descendants of Wenom sold the house to Fred Drake and his family. Drake built an addition onto the south side of the house which he opened to overnight guests. The addition has long since been removed from the house. The Drakes seem to be best remembered for the chicken dinners they served to their guests. It is believed that Drake sold the house in the late 40's, but the exact year is not known.
Several owners lived in the house following the Drakes, and in the winter of 1974, the house was acquired for the purpose of using it as a historic tour house. Most of the things that bear witness to the passage of time in an old house were repaired. Gradually, the house was redecorated and furnished with antiques becoming one of the fine tour houses in Kimmswick. In January 1992, the Pecks purchased the Wenom-Drake House, and it became a home once again.